Spring Start Up
Call Us Today (775) 387-0519
As the weather starts to warm up in Reno, Nevada, it’s time to start thinking about getting your sprinkler system ready for the spring and summer months. After this cold winter there might be damage done to parts of your sprinkler system. A well-maintained irrigation system is essential for keeping your lawn and garden looking lush and green, but it’s important to make sure that your system is in good working order before turning it on for the season. In this post, we’ll discuss some tips for spring start-up for sprinkler repair in Reno, Nevada.
- Inspect the System: The first step in getting your sprinkler system ready for spring is to inspect the entire system. Look for any visible signs of damage, such as cracked or broken pipes, leaking valves, or clogged nozzles. Make note of any issues that you find, so that you can address them before turning on the water.
- Turn on the Water: Once you’ve completed your inspection, it’s time to turn on the water to the system. Turn on the water slowly, so that you can watch for any leaks or other issues as the system comes back to life. If you notice any leaks or other problems, turn off the water and make the necessary repairs before continuing.
- Check the Timer: The timer is an important component of your irrigation system, as it controls when and how long the sprinklers run. Before turning on the water, make sure that the timer is set correctly and that it is functioning properly. If you’re not sure how to set the timer, consult the manufacturer’s instructions or call a professional.
- Adjust the Sprinkler Heads: As the weather changes, it’s important to adjust the sprinkler heads to ensure that the water is being directed where it’s needed. Adjust the angle of the sprinkler heads and the coverage area to ensure that the water is reaching the lawn and garden, and not being wasted on hard surfaces or other areas that don’t need it.
- Check for leaks: As you turn on the sprinklers, check for any leaks or drips. Leaks can waste a lot of water over time, and can cause damage to your lawn and garden if not attended to. If you notice any leaks, turn off the water and make the necessary repairs.
- Test and Test Again: After you have completed all the above steps, turn on the water and test the sprinkler system. Test each zone and make sure that the water is reaching all areas of your lawn and garden. Repeat the process if needed.
In conclusion, Spring Start-Up for Sprinkler Repair in Reno, Nevada is essential for maintaining a healthy and beautiful lawn and garden. By inspecting the system, turning on the water slowly, checking the timer, adjusting the sprinkler heads, checking for leaks, and testing the system, you can ensure that your irrigation system is in good working order before the hot and dry summer months. If you’re not comfortable working with plumbing, it’s best to call a professional. Call Us Today (775) 387-0519